Table of Contents
As we age, the most common facial concerns we all have are wrinkles and frown lines. The production of our collagen stops as we age, and the existing collagen starts to decrease. Being the protein in our skin, once collagen stops its production in our body, our skin loses elasticity making it droopy and leading to fine lines and wrinkles. The advancements and shifts in technology have now enabled us to treat these skin issues through non-surgical treatments, such as Botox.
What is Botox?
In the world of aesthetic treatments and dermatology – Botox, derived from botulinum toxin, is one of the most popular and effective cosmetic treatments. Because it is an anti-aging and anti-wrinkle treatment, many people opt for this cosmetic treatment to get glowing and radiant skin.
As botox has no downtime, you can easily return to your regular routine after getting the botox treatment, since it does not have a healing process.
Another reason to opt for this non-surgical treatment is that it is the most effective and painless procedure that will show quick results within 1 to 2 days, but yes there are a few instructions you need to follow for the 24 hours after getting the treatment, and avoiding vigorous exercise is one of them.
How Long After Botox Can You Workout?
Exercise is essential for our bodies – However, there are certain conditions, such as Botox treatments, after which the exercise needs to be discontinued, but not more than a day i.e. 24 hrs at the most. While we work out, our heart rate increases and blood circulates heavily in our body, deeming this activity as immensely beneficial for our cardiovascular system as well as fitness.
Doing a strenuous workout after botox can be harmful because the increased blood flow runs all around our body and it might migrate to the injected areas of botox, which can lead to undesirable side effects such as droopy eyelids or eyebrows.
Physical activities such as hot tubs, saunas, hot yoga, cardio, and weightlifting bring heat to your body, and that heat exposure boosts our blood flow, which in turn increases the risk of getting bruises or swelling.
Can you workout after botox?
After the first 24 hours of avoiding physical activity, you can continue doing any sort of physical activity without any fear of losing your Botox results.
What Happens If You Exercise After Botox Treatment?
Working out after botox can be dangerous – Here’s a list of reasons why:
- Workout increases our heart rate and blood flow, which can not only cause bruising over the treated area but will also cause pain and swelling. Botox can move to other areas of the body away from the injection, which can cause temporary paralysis of the muscles in the surrounding area of botox resulting in harsh side effects such as droopy eyebrows and eyelids.
- After the botox treatment, your aesthetician will strictly instruct you not to bow/bend your head for the next four hours. The reason for keeping your head upright after a botox treatment is to avoid the movement of botox to other areas of the body, causing severe bruising or swelling.
- It is also forbidden to put any pressure after 72 hours of Botox treatment which includes facial massage and activities like cycling or swimming. These activities tighten your skin, which is not good after a Botox treatment.
Can you work out 12 hours after botox?
Botox treatment is a flawless treatment for everyone who would like to fight off their wrinkles and fine lines; achieving glowing skin while following the instructions given by your aesthetician is a must.
Harsh and strenuous exercises are totally prohibited for the next 24 hours of the treatment because injected botox needs time to settle and to prevent it from migrating to the surrounding area.
Yes, you can do a few body-warmup activities after 12 hours such as slow-walk, non-strenuous yoga, meditation, and these kinds of workouts or activities that avoid pressure.
How Long Will it Take to See The Botox Result?
Botox treatment is the most effective and fastest treatment in today’s time for all the people who desire to feel like celebrities and look radiant among all.
Botox before and after results will give you a different type of confidence and beauty worth flaunting.
And another interesting fact after this treatment is that you can see the botox before and after difference within 24 hours. So fast and steady that will leave your skin gleaming and brightening in just 24 hours. Isn’t it fascinating?
Syra Aesthetics being an expert aesthetic clinic in NYC provides every possible botox treatment with proper guidance for botox before and after treatment.
Visit Syra Aesthetics – Offering flawless and radiant skin!
– Disclaimer –
This blog is for informational & educational purposes only and does not intend to substitute any professional medical advice or consultation.
For any symptoms or medical advice, please consult with your physician, Or Book an appointment with our certified aestheticians at Syra Aesthetics.
1. Sagging Jowls: How You can rid of them
2. Botox: Treatments, Recovery, and Side Effects
3. BOTOX: Things to be Careful of Before and After the Treatment
4. Botox Brow Lift Before And After Everything You Need To Know
5. Jeuveau vs Botox: Differences You Should Know
6. Benefits of Botox – Reverse Your Biological Clock
7. Botox and Pregnancy
About The AuthorDr. Syra Hanif M.D.
Board Certified Primary Care Physician
Dr. Hanif is the Director of Aesthetic Medicine. She is a board-certified physician in Aesthetic Medicine who specializes in using non-surgical alternatives in order to enhance one's appearance through Botox and fillers.Read More