Table of Contents
Smiling requires us to utilize half the number of muscles compared to a frown – However, experts have also suggested that it depends on the facial structure and the kind of smile.
Regardless, both smiling and frowning are capable of creating wrinkle lines on your face, as you age over a period of time. Smiling is not at all as bad, but the frown-induced wrinkle lines make you look as if you’re upset, mad, or frustrated at all times. So make sure to keep smiling – meanwhile, let us shed light on how you can get rid of these frown lines.
What Are Frown Lines?
Frown lines that are also known as Glabellar lines, can be described as the vertically formed wrinkled lines that start appearing between your eyebrows, nose, and forehead as your age. This happens due to excessive frowning, which contracts and moves two of the facial muscles i.e. Procerus and Corrugators.
Being responsible for enabling a range of several expressions, both these muscles are positioned close to the upper part of our nose and lower forehead. For as long as our skins are youthful, these frown lines remain superficial and mostly disappear once you stop frowning. Nevertheless, as we continue aging, these frown lines tend to become deeper and prominently visible; and eventually become a constant part of your face, appearing even when you’re not frowning.
What Causes Frown Lines?
Aging happens to be the primary reason behind frown lines – Since aging takes away the elasticity of our skins, refraining them from getting back to their original shape and outlook.
However, there are a few other reasons as well, that carries the responsibility for causing frown lines a.k.a 11s lines. Listed below are a few of them:
- Genes: Everyone has their own DNA, which is also responsible for genetically determining whether or not your skin is the type that is prone to wrinkles and lines, or is resilient enough to delay or keep wrinkles at bay.
- Sunlight: Excessive sunlight on your skin increases the chances for you to experience the appearance of frown lines since the ultraviolet rays present in the sunlight have adverse effects on the elastin and collagen present in your skin.
- Repeated Expressions: Certain facial expressions make it more likely for your skin to develop frown lines if they are used often and frequently.
- Stress: Stress is meant to induce tension – emotional and mental, along with facial tension as well; this might lead you to repeatedly use a specific expression, that will then lead you to frown lines.
How to Get Rid of Frown Lines?
Once formed, everyone desires to get rid of these frown lines to get back to their youthful facial outlook. When it comes to opting for ways that work against 11s lines, there are two main options that we have; people can either choose to go with medical frown lines treatments such as frown lines Botox, and the ones who do not prefer these clinical frown lines treatments can address this problem with natural home remedies.
1 – Home Remedies
- Consume a healthy diet that is inclusive of as much water as possible – And supplements that offer omega-3 fatty acids.
- Ensure to get enough sleep, try sleeping face-up on your back, and refrain from sleeping faced towards the pillow, as it can stretch your skin leading to frown lines.
- Start habitually using sunscreen.
- Moisturize your face at least three times each day.
- Exfoliate your face a couple of times a week.
- Apply egg whites to your frown lines.
- Apply yogurt mixed with honey, lemon juice, and the liquid from a vitamin E capsule, for 10 minutes before washing it off.
2 – Medical Treatment – Best Treatment for Frown Lines
Compared to natural remedies, medical frown lines treatments for skin are visibly more effective in improving the surface and quality of your skin by removing the wrinkled frown lines – They not only have their visible effects, but they also treat the underlying cause of the frown lines, by compensating the loss in volume and decrease in the contraction of the muscles.
*Frown Lines Botox
One of the most popular frown lines treatments that is suggested by most aestheticians and is also preferred by patients due to its non-invasive nature, is frown lines Botox injections. In simple words, Botox can be defined as a muscle relaxant, and when injected into your facial muscles, it numbs to relax the muscles, which brings them back to their original shape and confines their movement. Frown lines Botox may also prevent the lines from becoming deeper, by reducing the habit of excessive frowning.
Aging – along with several other things, brings with it wrinkles and frown lines, as we start to lose skin elasticity. For anyone who desires to work on removing the frown lines, to attain youthful skin back – There is a range of available options that you can choose from.
People who are hesitant about frown line treatments can opt for effective home remedies. However, the frown line treatments available at Syra Aesthetics are without a doubt, the most effective treatments that you could opt for – especially the frown lines Botox, which is the best treatment for frown lines, no natural remedy can match the results that this frown line treat delivers.
You can reach out and schedule a free-of-cost consultation with the best aestheticians at Syra Aesthetics, and get rid of all the wrinkled parts of your skin, to gain your youthful beauty again.
About The AuthorDr. Syra Hanif M.D.
Board Certified Primary Care Physician
Dr. Hanif is the Director of Aesthetic Medicine. She is a board-certified physician in Aesthetic Medicine who specializes in using non-surgical alternatives in order to enhance one's appearance through Botox and fillers.Read More